There are so many wonderful reasons to visit Bainbridge Island. While things like the natural beauty and charm of this small town draw people in, great attractions like the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art keep them here.
Bainbridge Island has consistently been ranked as one of the top getaway destinations in the state of Washington. It’s easy to reach via the Washington State Ferry system from downtown Seattle but feels as though it’s miles away. Whether you’re here to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, want to get out and experience nature in the Pacific Northwest, want to spend some time shopping and dining out, or just want some romantic one-on-one time, you’ll see that Bainbridge Island is an ideal place for all of that and more.
Downtown Winslow has undergone dramatic changes in recent years, with a number of new restaurants, shops, wineries, and other venues opening up. The most notable addition to Winslow Way has been the construction of a new state-of-the-art Bainbridge Island Museum of Art facility. Come visit us this winter, and enjoy the current exhibits before they change. To get started, simply find and make your reservation at one of our many unique and luxurious lodging properties on Bainbridge Island.
Bainbridge Island Museum of Art Exhibits
The Bainbridge Island Museum of Art is an incredible space. The building itself is perched on the corner of Bainbridge Island’s main street, Winslow Way, and is just steps from the ferry terminal. The Bainbridge Island Museum of Art houses an extraordinary collection of works from regional artists. The exhibits inside feature a variety of artistic mediums, including paintings, works on paper, sculpture, photography, mixed media, and more. Their current exhibits, most of which run through February of 2020, include the following:
- Face First, which showcases a variety of portraits–both photographic and artistic–from around the world, is open until February 23, 2020.
- Carol Milne: Knit Wit, is a beautiful kiln-cast glass exhibit on display through December 31, 2019.
- Following the Thread, a special exhibit that features artist books and their extravagant stitching ends soon on November 30, 2019.
- There’s currently a lovely display of glass art of the art museum’s permanent collection on display until February 23, 2020.
- Jessica Bagley’s Worlds in Pictures exhibit is also on display until February 23, 2020. It features
- Jite Agbro: Deserving is the final exhibit on display until February 23, 2020. The arist, Jite Agbro, is a Nigerian-American artist whose heritage guides and influences her work.
In addition to housing a spectacular array of art, the Bainbridge Island Museum of Art also hosts several interesting events throughout the year, as well as wonderful classes and workshops. It’s worth checking their calendar every time you come into town. Come see these current exhibits before they’re gone!
More Artistic Venues on Bainbridge Island
Bainbridge Island is a true artist haven, and accordingly, there are a lot of art galleries and art venues worth exploring while you’re here. Here are a few places to start:
- The Bainbridge Island Artisan Resource Network, locally known as BARN, is a wonderful new nonprofit community center for artisans and makers. They host a variety of events and classes and is an incredible artistic asset to the community.
- Bainbridge Arts and Crafts is an art gallery that also offers a creative space for local artists and provides a number of educational and artistic outreach programs throughout the year.
- It’s just about time for the bi-annual Bainbridge Island Studio Tour, coming up December 6 – 8, 2019. It’s the perfect chance to take a self-guided tour through some of Bainbridge Island’s art studios, and also a great time to pick up some incredible local art.
- There also are a number of beautiful art galleries to visit on Winslow Way
The Best Lodging on Bainbridge Island
Though a lot of people make the trip to Bainbridge Island for the day, there’s so much more to see and do in this incredible place than you can accomplish in a day. It’s the perfect getaway for those looking for a change of pace, especially if you are an enthusiast for the arts. Come see what kind of lodging we have in store for you, then book your getaway to our island today!